Skylights are a great way to add natural light to your home or business, and do so in a very modern and stylish manner. We carry only reliable name-brand skylights from trusted manufacturers. We'll be glad to help you determine the right skylights based on your home's needs, and offer a complete installation package for an extremely reasonable cost.
Rest assured you are in good hands with our experienced, knowledgeable and highly skilled team of professionals! We work hard to maintain a reputation for excellence in customer service, reliability and professionalism. We know how to install skylights above and beyond the manufactures written instructions and to hold up in the harsh weather we are subjected to in the Tropical Florida environment.
Things to consider when choosing skylights:
- The three major skylight types are fixed, ventilating, and tubular.
Fixed skylights do not open. They are good choice if your goal is to provide a room—such as an attic or stairwell—with extra light.
Ventilating skylights can be opened to provide a room with fresh air in addition to natural light. Because they improve air flow and reduce moisture, they are often installed in kitchens and bathrooms.
Tubular Skylights allow natural sunlight to be directed from the rooftop down through a highly reflective tube, and then diffused at the ceiling level. Tubular skylights capture direct and ambient light, providing exceptional illumination, even on cloudy days and in early morning or late afternoon when the sun is low in the sky.
- The skylight size should never be more than 5% of the floor area in rooms with many windows and no more than 15% of the room's total floor area for spaces with few windows.
- Skylight glazing options are plastic and glass. Plastic is cheaper but not as durable and allows more UV light to enter. Glass, although more expensive, is a superior product.
- Be sure to take into consideration the sun’s path. Skylights on the south- or west-facing portion of the roof will collect direct sun—skylights facing north or east may not get any direct sunlight.
Sun-Dome Tubular Skylights
brighten interiors with free, renewable energy from natural sunlight without the heat gain of ordinary skylights. They cut power consumption and reduce A/C heat load and run time by several hundred kilowatts per month!
Sun-Dome Tubular Skylights are a energy efficient choice for commercial and residential lighting. Help save our natural resources by reducing energy consumption.
Energy Efficient Solar Lighting
- High impact polycarbonate dome blocks harmful UV Rays
- Virtually unbreakable dome (withstands hail & hurricanes)
- 10-year warranty
- Flashings may be painted any color
- Strong aluminum flashing won't rust or leak (no plastic flashings)
- Installed in approximately 2 hours
- No structural modifications needed
- Adjustable aluminum tubes (2 in each 10" & 13" kit) to bypass obstacles
- Fits between rafters and joists
- Brightens any area evenly
- No fading of furniture, or carpets
- Proven energy savings with minimal heat gain or loss
- Natural light helps plants flourish
- Cost? Just a fraction of ordinary skylights with more light, no heat, and without the problems
- Reduce A/C heat load and run time to reduce wear on A/C
How does it work?
A clear, unbreakable polycarbonate dome mounted on a storm-tested, aluminum flashing on the roof collects and directs sunlight down into the area below through a high-performance reflective transfer tube. This tube connects to a domed translucent or prismatic diffuser that distributes natural light evenly throughout the area without heat gain or loss.