Preventive Maintenance Inspection (PMI)
Annual inspection of the roof by a qualified professional is essential to its healthy functioning. The inspection may detect early signs of deterioration, which may be easily remedied prior to an always-dangerous hurricane season. The existing records of roof inspections and the subsequent repairs prevent possible complications for a building owner after a major storm during the insurance claims process.
The key to long-term performance of a roofing structure is knowledge of its functioning, periodic inspections, and routine preventive maintenance. A professional roofing contractor provides these services.
Clients who participate in the PMI are guaranteed the following:
- A detailed report of current roof conditions
- A scaled drawing of the entire roof structure
- Digital pictures of existing conditions of the roof
- Completion of all repairs and replacements according to the highest standards of the roofing industry
- Follow-up inspections to ensure proper roof performance
- Annual inspections conducted upon your authorization
- Professional insight of our staff when considering leaks unrelated to roofing problems
- 24-hour emergency service
Roof maintenance is vital to its longevity and proper performance. A number of problems may develop over the constant weathering process:
- Deterioration of caulking on a flashing
- Dislocation of seams
- Exposure of a membrane of the roof due to the scattering of gravel
- Accelerated deterioration of a roof membrane in areas of increased humidity, ex: ponds
- Immediate damages due to natural causes
- Tears and punctures caused by unrelated construction activity or vandalism
Your participation in the PMI program will yield multiple benefits to the commercial property owner or manager. Most importantly, the program guarantees to extend the lifetime of the roof by 30% while controlling maintenance costs and preventing serious roof problems.